Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baby Hugo Naturals Diaper Cream

photo courtesy of   http://www.hugonaturals.com/
My older son got diaper rash probably 2 times in his all of the 2 years and 10 months he was in diapers.  Pumpkin, on the other hand, went through a phase where he just kept getting diaper rash regardless of what I tried.



People suggested that I try unrefined coconut oil as a diaper cream but Pumpkin had a reaction to it (very uncommon and he can eat it without any issues !) so I made it my mission to find a coconut free diaper cream.  Many of the more natural diaper creams that I was able to find had coconut oil as one of the main ingredients.

I recently tried Baby Hugo Naturals Shea Butter Diaper Cream and I have to say I think this is my new Go-To diaper cream.  It is packaged in a tube that is easy to squeeze and is buttery smooth.  I have to say that I haven't yet had a horrible angry rash to try it on yet but it has worked wonderfully on your run of the mill diaper rash.  In fact usually by the next diaper change the rashiness is resolved.  I have also used it on the rash Munchkin got from wearing his wet swimsuit all day with great success! 

It is "free of artificial fragrances, colors, parabens, petroleum products, animal fats, and alcohols".  This is great for Pumpkin because he has super sensitive skin.  The package also states that it is vegan and cruelty free.  One of the reasons I tried this cream was that I heard rumors that it is cloth diaper safe.  I have been using it with a liner so far and had no problems but I will keep you posted if I have any weird repelling issues!

Ingredients:
purified water, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, aloe barbadensis (organic aloe vera) leaf juice, zinc oxide, butyrospermum parkii (organic shea butter), sorbitan olivate, vegetable glycerin, allantoin, olea europea (olive) leaf extract, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, calendula officionalis (calendula) flower extract, arnica montana (arnica) flower extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) leaf extract, alpha bisabolol tocopherol (natural vitamin E), rosmarinus officionalis (rosemary) leaf oil, lonicera caprifolium var. caprifolium (Japanese honeysuckle extract).

Check out their products. http://www.hugonaturals.com .
I purchase this wonderful cream at Whole Foods.
Disclaimer: all opinions are my own. I paid for this product myself and received no compensation of any sort for this review.

1 comments:

Post a Comment