Thursday, April 28, 2011

Balancing Acts




Now that Munchkin is getting older it seems that our days are getting filled with activities.  I want him to experience everything he wants to, yet I am afraid of over scheduling my little boy.  I don't want to be dragging him from practice to practice and have him end up hating something that should otherwise be a wonderful, fun, experience.


Right now he's doing gymnastics, Tae Kwon Do (twice a week), and swimming lessons.  I wanted him to do t-ball and soccer, but I just thought it would be too much.  On the other hand, when we have nothing to do, despite my good intentions, the television seems to miraculously turn on by itself.  Does that happen at anyone else's house?

Do you limit it to one sport per season? The number of days per week they take up? A certain dollar amount?  At what age do you let your child pick ?  Do you insist on a certain activity? For example, swimming lessons are non-negotiable for us but if he wanted to quit one of the others that might be okay.   What guidelines do you have when signing school-aged child up for extracurricular activities?

0 comments:

Post a Comment