Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mommy of the Year!

So I've been feeling pretty awesome about my parenting skills lately. There are times when I really start to think I've finally figured things out and then reality smacks me in the face- I will never have it all figured out. I think I will be lucky if I get things done "just good enough" and hopefully without causing any permanent psychological damage to my two boys.

This past week for example:

I picked up Munchkin 10 minutes late from preschool. They had already brought him back inside to wait with the kids that stay all day. I was that mom!

I realized that Pumpkin- now 16 months old should have had a 15 month doctor's appointment. Managed to squeeze that in this afternoon. Whew!

Pumpkin developed a 101.8 degree fever WHILE AT THE "15 month" well visit. The MD says it's probably going to turn into this Nasty Norovirus (Think-both ends!) We were just playing at my sister's place an hour before.
Can't say we never share!

One last minute awesome mommy moment. I tripped poor little Pumpkin over my enormous feet and he flew head first into the dryer door. He gave me this "how could you?" glare.

I just burned the organic dinner that I slaved over all day long. Okay, the french fries I threw in the oven 20 minutes ago. Good thing Mr. L called and said he was bringing home some nutritious McDonalds...

Mommy Confessional:
I secretly send "fast food" vibes out to Mr. L and hope that he will think it is his idea to get something unhealthy and delicious, while I pretend to only want to serve healthy homemade things.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel some vibes ... okay, McDonalds it is.

Post a Comment