Saturday, March 12, 2011

Teething Bling: A Must Have for Mommies

I don't know how many of you lost the ability to wear jewelry when your first child was born. It took about 3 or 4 months until I could actually fit my wedding ring on my finger. Then I was terrified to wear it anyway for fear of scratching my tiny Munchkin's face. As Munchkin got older I found that anything dangling was going to be pulled off, or ripped out (ouch!) by some sneaky little hands.


I researched nursing necklaces, but most of them say they are not for chewing only for being held by your kiddo so that they play with the necklace instead of pinching you. That's not going to happen! It wasn't until until baby number 2 that I found something that looked fantastic and was not only safe for the little guys, but served an amazing purpose too.

Teething Bling! The necklaces are "medical grade, food safe silicone" with a breakaway cord and they are meant to be chomped on by teething maniacs. There's no BPA or any of that other scary stuff that keeps us up at night. I happened to get the "Mother of Pearl" color. It basically is a flat white disk.

Now that doesn't sound very appealing but really it is gorgeous. In fact, I got one of those "drive by" mommy reprimands from some old lady the other day. Pumpkin was sitting on my lap gnawing, away working on what seems like 47 teeth all coming in at once, when this woman comes up to me and says, "Excuse Me!! Do you know he is CHEWING on your JADE necklace!!!"
I just smiled and said "Oh, actually it's a teether. It's great isn't it?"



disclosure:
I was not compensated in any manner for this review. The product I reviewed was purchased by me for my own use. I have no affiliation with smartmomjewelry.

1 comments:

KellyL642 said...

I have seen this on you and now I need to get one because my son is putting my Avon necklaces (my favorites mind you) in his mouth, I end up taking the necklace off eventually.
I want to be able to wear my necklaces but I think I might end up getting this necklace just for now.

Post a Comment